Digital Design Principles and Practices, Third Edition
John F. Wakerly
Consulting Professor, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Vice President, Engineering, Cisco Systems
COURSES: Appropriate for a first
or second course in digital logic design.
BASIC APPROACH: This newly revised
book blends academic precision and practical experience in an
authoritative introduction to basic principles of digital design
and practical requirements in both board-level and VLSI systems.
With over twenty years of experience in both industrial and university
settings, the author covers the most widespread logic design practices
while building a solid foundation of theoretical and engineering
principles for students to use as they go forward in this fast
- NEW -- Early coverage of modern CMOS logic families, including
low voltage and LVCMOS/LVTTL.
- NEW -- Coverage of Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs)
and Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
- NEW -- Earlier introduction of HDL-based digital design.
- NEW -- HDL coverage and examples include VHDL as well as
- NEW -- Programming examples written in C rather than Pascal.
- NEW -- Faster progression through non-automated methods such
as Karnaugh maps and state-machine synthesis.
- NEW -- Description of automated methods including simulation
- NEW -- More and larger design examples.
- NEW -- Drill problems and exercises.
- NEW -- Includes CD-ROMs with the complete Xilinx
Foundation 1.5 (Student Edition), including schematic entry,
ABEL, VHDL, and Verilog compilers, simulator, and documentation.
- NEW -- Instructor's web site including:
- o Individual, importable files for all figures and tables
- o Drill and exercise solutions
- o Supplementary exercise solutions
- o Sample exams and solutions
- NEW -- Student's web site including:
- o Source files for all ABEL, VHDL, and C examples
- o Foundation 1.5 schematics for large examples
- o Supplementary exercises
- o Updated references and web links
- o Appendices including "Electrical Circuits Review"
and "IEEE Standard Symbols"
- o Up-to-date errata
- o Dirty pictures (are you still with me?)
- And, as usual,
- o easy-to-follow, practical writing style and extensive use
- o high-quality, user-friendly color production
- o a lot of bad jokes and a few good ones
Preliminary Table of Contents
Back to home